7 months ago
Required Lead Engineer/Mechanical Engineer for Aircraft Cabin Interiors in Final Phase Completions
- Lead responsibilities include guiding and directing a team of design engineers.
- These responsibilities include but are not limited to the development of engineering task requirements, schedules and development of engineering packages in support of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings/amenities as part of outfitting custom aircraft.
Examples of experiences should include, but are not limited to:
- Custom Cabinetry (galleys, lavatories, vanities, closets, storage compartments)
- Interior peripheries (cabin liners, window panels, passenger service units (PSUs), dado panels and sideledges)
- Electrical installations & equipment (wire routings, lighting, passenger entertainment equipment, galley service units)
- miscellaneous (water/waste systems, oxygen systems, seating)
The lead mechanical design engineer will coordinate tasks, schedules and design methodologies in order to build models and prints that demonstrate a complete understanding of construction methodologies required for component parts and assemblies to an end item level.
The lead mechanical design engineer will provide guidance with the design of installations for the aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight and Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5 or AutoCAD interconnected with SmarTeam.
- Lead design engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Lead design engineer assignments will also include oversight of assembly/installation, similarity, mounting and functionality analysis with each configuration the team develops along with any other requirements necessary to product development.
- Lead design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet the manufacturing quality and schedule requirements.
- Lead design engineer will support/develop training plans and continuous improvement initiatives for the team.
- Other preferred skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 5 years related engineering experience with Bachelors. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Masters Degree and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job position.
Executes engineering tasks of moderate complexity with predetermined performance objectives by providing direction to engineering employees within similar disciplines working within a single department
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Develops and evaluates plans for activities and assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed methods and analysis to achieve technical product cost and schedule requirements 2. Supervises activities of subordinate employees who perform similar tasks within a technical discipline by using established policies and precedents 3. Plans, coordinates and directs a complex engineering project or a number of smaller projects with moderate complexity 4. Provides technical guidance to ensure quality of product and schedule 5. Trains new engineers in methods and procedures 6. May be called upon to assist in budget preparation and employee evaluations
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments and applications of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. The level of managerial skills and abilities appropriate for this grade may be established by each discipline 2. Assigned to problems of moderate complexity 3. Faulty decisions could cause delays in schedules and inefficient use of resources 4. Strong verbal and written communication skills 5. Interacts mainly with subordinates internal to the organization 6. Supports budget for assigned area 7. Has direct employee supervision responsibilities
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 76501
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time