4 months ago
Assists Company’s support of Government audits and inquiries. Prepares cost estimates and analyses, gathers, and analyses financial data and supporting documentation in support of accounting submissions. Works closely with Finance, Contracts and Procurement and other functional departments to support submissions to the government, as well as related management inquiries.
Prepare reports that compare budgets with actual expenses.
Support government audits, inquiries and related internal data requests.
Support the preparation and submission of the annual Incurred Cost Submission
Support the analysis and disclosure of changes to the cost accounting structure (Disclosure Statement, Cost Impact Analyses)
Perform compliance reviews to ensure compliance with government and company policies and requirements
Interact with on-site government personnel on a wide range of compliance topics
Produce and maintain internal project status and actions documentation
Maintain, update & improve Compliance Department’s network based records management and storage
Perform administrative tasks as necessary to provide proper documentation for internal reviews and internal control efforts
* Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related analytical discipline with 4 years of related experience, OR a Master’s Degree with 2 years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Advanced Excel formatting, Pivot Tables, V Lookup and typical financial and data manipulation formulas experience
* Intermediate level PowerPoint and Word skills
* Professional level written and oral communications skills
* Ability to effectively communicate with employees with varying skill sets
* Ability to analyze and develop effective solutions to potential or existent finance-related concerns
* Ability to assess risk, recognize potential areas of concern and develop and promote solutions
* Experience with SAP and/or querying data from SAP
* Auditing, cost accounting, general ledger accounting and /or government contract administration.
* Familiarity with CAS, FAR, and DCAA audit requirements a plus
* Understanding indirect rates and cost impact analyses
* Excellent practical Excel skills (Including V-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
* Strong interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary position 50-60% of the time. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms/hands/fingers to operate, activate, prepare, place, position standard office equipment and technology. The employee may occasionally be required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as needed to perform assigned duties. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of weight in positioning or operating standard office equipment such as loading paper into the fax/copier machine. Computer screen activity for 60-70 % of the workday.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is in an air-conditioned/heat ventilated office building. The employee may be required to visit a shipping or warehouse section of the office building which may have higher or lower temperatures than normal for the office building. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, expeditionary maintenance, and quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply. We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance. Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
Equal opportunity employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Feb 16, 2018, 1:38:31 PM
: Cost Accounting