5 months ago
- Contributes to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard material, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of products or components.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the acceptability of components.
- Must have parts management experience working with designers to select components for use in designs.
- Must have obsolescence experience working with component lists and industry tools to evaluate part availability and determining path forward when issues are identified.
- Must be willing to accept a wide variety of work assignments supporting the total end-to-end process of capturing, designing, developing, testing, manufacturing, and life-cycle support of electronic systems.
- Responsible for the performance of detailed part level obsolescence management consisting of monitoring BOMâ€™s, solving issues, scheduling and managing implementation of fixes, finding new sources, and reacting and solving issues to ensure no production line stoppages.
- Candidate will work closely with design engineers, interface with other functional areas and vendors, and enforce PMPCP Compliance.
- The candidate will periodically be required to make presentations to program management and customers.
- Must have ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Previous experience with obsolescence monitoring tools is a plus (i.e. Qstar, TacTech, Part Miner, Promiere) as well as expertise in all component technologies.
- Bachelors (or higher) Degree in Electrical Engineering, or other related technical discipline.