6 months ago
*** Weekend Shift Opening ***
* Composite technicians are responsible for fabricating aircraft parts, accessories, and trim in accordance with technical specifications.
* Composite technician jobs are detail-oriented and involve crafting, sanding, bonding, assembly, and autoclave with a variety of composite materials.
* Responsibilities include reading blue prints and tape measures to ensure project accuracy and completion.
* Ability to read precision measuring tools and instruments.
* Ability to use a variety of hand tools, grinders, sanders, files, dremels, drills, and operate ovens.
* Repairing components as needed per manual and router instruction.
* Perform hot-bonding, wet lay-up preparation, and cures, using raw materials or pre-pregs, both glass and aramid fiber.
* Perform repairs with the use of various adhesives and resins.
* Remove and repair damage of honeycomb and core panels.
* Repair of thermosets and thermoplastics using adhesive bonding.
* Perform grinding, sanding, blending, deburring operation. Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
* Accurately records time worked on shop order.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills, professionalism, and a positive customer service attitude without compromising quality.
* The Composite Technician will work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to personal protection equipment. Finally, responsibilities will include maintaining the shop floor free from clutter or debris and other duties as directed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Presents a clean and neat work area to customers – facility cleanliness and general housekeeping.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsement for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Requirements also include a technical aptitude; the ability to read, write and perform basic math calculations; the ability to work well with others in a diverse group.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Specialized training in machine shop practices.
* 3 year MRO/Military Component Repair experience desired.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.