3 months ago
Performs lay-up and assembly for the fabrication of composite structures. Works with engineering to develop process improvements and to troubleshoot of non-conformances.
* Perform lay-up and assembly processes, set-ups, and techniques.
* Set up composites parts for fabrication; read and interprets drawings, planning, process specifications, and other documents to understand tooling, materials, sequence of operations, techniques, and other factors required for fabrication.
* Assembles and repairs simple to complex composites parts and components within quality and time standards; performs metallic and nonmetallic assembly and subassembly.
* May provide technical leadership to demonstrate and explain production operations; lead teams on assignments; check quality and quantity of work; troubleshoot fabrication problems and recommend solutions.
* Coordinates with Production Control to ensure that resources are available.
* Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformance issues.
* Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
* Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
* Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
* Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
* Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
* Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education & Experience
This job requires specialized vocational training and/or high school diploma or equivalent.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Training or experience using raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of composite parts and assemblies.
• Training or experience interpreting blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions, in English.
• Training or experience applying shop math.
• This position requires the ability to work extended hours, overtime and weekends when necessary to support factory and operations activities.
• Experience listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
• Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
Additional Information: Able to work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
Contingent Upon Program Award