11 months ago
Computational Physicist / Computer Scientist
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 37534BR Date posted 05/30/City Danbury
Country United States
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
We are seeking an APPLIED PHYSICIST / COMPUTER SCIENTIST to develop algorithmic solutions to image processing, detection and estimation and other challenges in applied mathematics. You will be involved in:
* Formulating and prototyping algorithms
* Performing ad hoc analysis of numerical data using both proprietary software and generic mathematical analysis platforms including Mathematica and MatLab
* Assisting in the development of related software applications including application development in the C# language
* Participating in externally and internally funded product development teams
* Perform requirements analysis, develop verification plans, and assemble test reports as needed.
Knowledge in the fields of image science and/or detection and estimation theory will distinguish a candidate; however it is not a required competency.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
* Education or experience in physics and/or imaging optical systems
* Mathematics background to include topics in statistical processes, signal or image processing
* Software development experience using an object-oriented language
Candidate must be a US citizen and must either hold a current US DoD clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance.
Education Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or a related field required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.