24 days ago
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity as a Computing Performance Analyst in either Bellevue, WA or North Charleston, SC. This position will provide performance analysis support as a member of the Capacity Planning Analytics and Charting team.
This position includes working with a global team focused on optimizing system performance and infrastructure utilization using data analysis to identify improvement opportunities. Scope of work includes all elements of the Boeing IT Infrastructure. Work includes developing new tools and methods and using those tools to improve the quality and cost efficiency of services delivered by GITIS Application Infrastructure Services.
Determination of server capacity
Creation of capacity plans
Communication of capacity plans
Performance Problem Resolution
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Minimum 1 year of experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark)
* Minimum 1 year of experience using Python or other scripting languages
* Data analysis tools and methods
* Statistical analysis
* ESX VMware
* Windows and UNIX operating systems and their respective native performance analysis tools
* Working knowledge with network communications and network analysis tools
* Working knowledge with storage/disk systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Data analysis experience with Matlab, Mathematica or similar computational tools
* Analytics and Information Management
* Programming/Scripting – emphasis on Python, MongoDB, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
* All Boeing operating systems, virtual server technologies, storage technologies
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Contingent Upon Program Award