3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The role of Continuous Improvement Lead involves being a business operation focal for delivering on CI initiatives across the site that are focused on cost, cash and delivery. As the CI Lead, the purpose of the role will be to both lead / facilitate mission based teams, as well as be a part of teams tasked to impact key business metrics. The CI Lead will influence and challenge peers, as well as leadership, to drive the cultural change needed for transformation across the business.
In addition, the Continuous Improvement Lead will :
* Define the process and operating rigor needed to achieve success of key business metrics, in particular cash
* Lead and facilitate necessary projects aligned with the site strategic action plan to deliver on business outcomes for inventory turns and control
* Define processes, digital tools, training, value streams, etc. to be used by the supply chain operations, engineering, and programs teams
* Lead supply chain analytics and project activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
* Communicate across direct organization, from operators to peers, and site leadership
* Present to senior leaders in specific continuous improvement / Lean six sigma space and on cross-functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy
* Connect the dots across technologies/processes and develop integrated solutions
* Work on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business
* Communicate across the function in area of expertise to benchmark or share best practices within the organization
* Develop site digital roadmap for the business to increase productivity, and increase communication speed for more effective problem solving
* Expand on GE Operating System Digital tools (Layered Process Review, Cell Control Center, Plant Control Center, Business Control Center)
* Execute on Lean roadmap & process improvement strategy, specifically around inventory reduction and turns increase
* Co-facilitate / Lead Lean action workouts and Kaizen cycle projects
* Own and drive Lean Council / Kaizen Promotion Office for continuous improvement idea generation
* Own and drive Suite6 Cash projects for business - Inventory balance and turns
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience working on continuous improvement activities
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams towards meeting multiple business priorities, through project management, or Lean action work outs
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small or large teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate or large scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Green belt or Black belt certification preferred, with demonstrated success of using the define, measure, analyze, improve, control methodology to tackle problems, eliminate waste, and improve processes
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; New York; Bohemia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.