6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor auger, is seeking a Continous Improvement Manager to add to our 400 -associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a plan for CI, cost reduction and manufacturing advancement across the business. The position is expected to be a partner with the company leadership and create a continuous improvement culture across the organization and to drive overall improvement in processes and performance. This position will also be responsible for leading project ROI, planning, management, development and implementation of various initiatives to reduce cost, improve processes and productivity and advance our manufacturing all in accordance with the overall business plan. The position will also be responsible for implementation of Hoshin planning for the Timken Drives business.
* Drives and directs CI initiatives to reduce cost and inventory, advance processes, and improve productivity, EH&S, quality, and customer satisfaction for the Drives business. Manage and utilize value-stream analysis to develop and improve critical processes across the organization.
* Lead or coordinate efforts in manufacturing advancement, including new automation, manufacturing processes, training, and coordination with outside vendors or consultants.
* Analyze various business processes (both production and non-production) and partner with various stakeholders to identify ideas, present solutions and implement change.
* Responsible for establishment of metrics that define success for various initiatives and creating a system for continuous measurement and monitoring of those metrics to ensure long term project success.
* Lead a variety of projects from inception to completion. Through this process, train others in project management skills and work to create a CI culture.
* Develop and maintain a pipeline of CI projects. Assist in ROI / business cases and prioritization of those projects. Work with leadership to develop current year and long term planning for implementation.
* Lead the plant in establishing a 3-5 year strategy (Hoshin Planning), updated annually, and plays a key role in annual business planning. Partner with business leadership to ensure efforts are in alignment with these respective strategies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent management of change skills, champions change
* Demonstrated skills in teaching, coaching and training others
* Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
* Strong project management skills
* Working knowledge and experience in A3 thinking
* Strong skills and experience in leadership and managing teams
* Strong PC skills
* SAP experience preferred
* Minimum: BACHELOR of Business, Operations, Lean
* Preferred: MASTER of Business, Operations, Lean
* 3+ years of management experience in manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Licenses or Certifications
* Individuals with 6 Sigma Black Belt certification are highly encouraged to apply
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, profit sharing, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
5 days ago
only 23 days until close