4 months ago
Moog Inc. is a World Leader in Complete Flight Control Systems
Moog has been a leading supplier to the civil aircraft market for more than six decades. We offer a broad range of solutions from fully integrated flight control systems and control actuation subsystems to product based solutions including controllers and utility actuators. As a result, our products are found on the industry's leading aircraft platforms including commercial transports, regional jets, business jets and rotorcraft.
Our system solutions leverage a comprehensive design, integration and certification capability. With an unrivaled mix of system and component expertise, we are uniquely qualified to create solutions optimized around the customer's goal for cost, weight, reliability and performance.
A key player in delivering unrivaled customer service and contractual compliance is the Contract Administrator.
Do you have the attention to detail and customer satisfaction-driven mindset to fill this role in our Aircraft Group?
What your day-to-day will look like...
* Your primary focus is to ensure the integrity of Moog's contractual commitments.
* Monitor all activities related to meeting the company's performance objectives on assigned contracts.
* Interact with Moog and customer personnel to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements to protect the company's legal position.
* When legal support or advice is required, you will consult with Corporate Legal Counsel.
* Beginning with the receipt of a purchase order, the Contract Administrator is responsible for review of the contract to insure consistency with the Moog proposal and for job order entry into the Moog production master schedule of MRP.
* Provide continual follow-up on technical and delivery issues with engineering and manufacturing respectively and coordinate other internal departmental activities required to support the contract.
* Maintain regular contact with the Sales & Marketing department to advise on advanced production schedules in anticipation of customer requirements while minimizing the impact on Moog's inventory levels. This also requires coordination with divisional disciplines to establish lead times consistent with contractual requirements for prototype and production hardware.
* Assist the Sales & Marketing department with forecast data that is also entered into the Moog MRP system for planning purposes.
* If changes occur, which have an impact on the contract, the Contract Administrator must have the ability to interpret these from a technical, quality, and manufacturing perspective, formulate proposals, and function as Moog's contractual representative in negotiations.
* You may also be responsible for administration of foreign contracts. This requires the Contract Administrator to be thoroughly knowledgeable about the legal ramifications of proposing to foreign nationals, selling of U.S. military hardware, and shipping high technology product overseas.
* The Contract Administrator must possess a working knowledge of Moog's products, programs, organization, technical processes, MRP system, and accounting systems.
* A considerable amount of customer contact is required and occasional visits to customers are involved.
* Your expertise in handling these contacts and the general quality of the service provided by this function considerably influences the customer's attitude toward Moog.
* This position requires knowledge of Moog and defense industry sales techniques and government procurement regulations; a general knowledge of Moog manufacturing and engineering procedures; familiarity with shipping and invoicing procedures; a working knowledge of Moog's pricing policies and cost structuring; knowledge of contract interpretation; and a feel for technical issues.
* Perform customer interaction in a professional, credible manner, to enhance Moog's opportunity for continued and increased business.
The skills and education you'll need to bring with you to this role...
* BA degree or a BS degree (business administration or a technical discipline is preferred)
* and at least 2 years' working experience in Sales & Marketing, Contract Administration, Production Control, or Engineering.
* Must have the ability to motivate and deal effectively with people both inside and outside the company.
* All direct personal contact and correspondence must reflect a high caliber of intelligence, conciseness, clarity and good English usage.
* Must be organized and efficient to maintain current and accurate contract files including quotations, negotiation history, purchase orders, and change orders.
Moog Inc. is an EOE/AA Minority/ Female/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation/ Disability/ Veteran