8 months ago
FLUID SYSTEMS DIVISION - IRVINE, CA
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCITONS:
Administers contracts for complex products and systems to ensure fulfillment of contractual fiscal and performance obligations. Defines requirements, generates proposals, monitors performance, negotiates pricing and terms, and ensures compliance with contract requirements. May determine customer requirements for new products and/or systems (i.e. Proposals that include engineering design and system hardware) and other specialized assignments.
1. Administers specialized and/or major contracts by analyzing performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements including those issued against Basic Contract Agreements and/or Long-Term Agreements. Analyses include performance to delivery schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract provisions.
2. Determines technically and commercially compliant proposal packages of diverse scope and complexity for major customers in response to customer and contract requirements. Evaluates performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of material, equipment, and labor hours.
3. Initiates bid process by identifying requirements and coordinating input from other functions. Develops responses to requests for proposal (RFP) of difficult scope and complexity by reviewing bid process procedures, reviewing material, test, and other requirements, and preparing appropriate responses. Prepares and submits complex proposals.
4. Negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies. Negotiates price, terms and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within scope of responsibility. Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
5. Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues, data requirements, and other business issues as applicable.
6. Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or extensions to the contract. Determines when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
7. May be responsible for division or site export compliance administration and training to ensure company data and intellectual property meets all regulatory requirements.
8. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and/or materials.
9. Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned contracts and participates in customer presentations.
10. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge and may participate in professional associations (e.g. The National Contract Management Association (NCMA or the International Association of Commercial Contract Management).
11. Complies with the federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
12. May provide guidance to others in contracts, a related function, or a business team. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Shares specialized knowledge with others; trains and mentors less experienced employees.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related discipline. Contract management certification preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of progressive experience.
· Thorough knowledge of contract administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to contract administration, government procurement, and export compliance if applicable.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of corporate and division policies and administrative procedures.
· Proficient in the use of standard business applications software and specialized in-house and customer systems.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and contracts and recommend changes to procedures.
· Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, customers, and top management.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this position.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)