5 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58513BR Date posted 12/23/City Colorado Springs
Our Specialty Seating Systems business is recognized as a leading designer, developer and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for a wide range of commercial and military applications. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate and we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team.
The Sr. Commercial Contracts Specialist analyzes and negotiates changes to new and existing commercial and/or government contracts. Ensures company compliance with customer contract provisions and US Government FAR and DFAR regulations. Provides contracts leadership in developing and implementing consistent policies, procedures and controls during the customer contract lifecycle. Develops pricing strategies and contract terms, assuring UTAS financial goals and customer expectations are met. Recommends solutions to management during customer negotiations.
Manages all contract actions which include:
* Drafting non-disclosure agreements, administering existing contracts, analyzing and negotiating claims and settlements; supporting audits and liaising with both internal/external customers.
* Conducting contract negotiations within the limits of corporate policies.
* Evaluating, developing and providing recommended Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) for individual contracts; tailoring T&Cs for uniqueness of individual pursuits; coordinating the tailoring with UTAS supervisors and justifying suggested deviations from UTAS standard T&Cs.
* Compiling and seeking approval for explanatory narrative in cost volumes of proposals; supporting proposal reviews when assigned.
* Analyzing contracts received from the government and industry primes; identifying points of negotiation.
* Providing contract advice and working with various functional areas (i.e. Legal, Business Development, Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain etc.) in support of proposals, agreements and other activities as required.
* Providing complete contract life-cycle activities including contract kick-off, management, administration and termination activities in accordance with UTAS Contracts standard work instructions.
* Coordinating with government and industry counterparts to establish professional working relationships which facilitate successful negotiations and exchange of information.
* Working with the International Trade Compliance (ITC) Department, and others, to ensure strict compliance with applicable Import/Export Laws, as necessary.
* Assisting with the development, assessment and enforcement of payment terms, such as identifying qualifications for milestone payments and invoice approvals.
* Participating in and supporting ongoing assessment and improvement of standard work related to contracts and compliance policies and procedures.
* Conducting training on important contractual issues to raise business awareness and mitigate risks to the business as necessary and appropriate.
* Candidate will support company ACE initiatives, including standard work and business financial goals.
* Performs other duties as required.
Qualification: Skills Required:
* Self-sufficient in Microsoft Office products.
* Eligibility to gain access to program materials and products governed by ITAR requirements.
* Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply.
* Effective interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with customers (internal and external) at all levels of an organization.
* Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure and within time constraints
Strong organizational skills with ability multi-task in a fast paced environment
* ITAR experience a plus
* USG Contracts experience, and familiarity with FARS and DFARS a plus
* SAP experience a plus
Education: Education Required:
* BA/BS degree w/5–10+ years’ experience
* MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years’ experience
* JD degree w/2-5+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.