9 months ago
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD OF CONTRACT
Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts. Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contract activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
The incumbent is required to monitor, evaluate, analyze and control the financial programs assigned. Sets up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system. Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis. Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled. Performs schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government. Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines. Reports directly to the Program Manager, but has accountability to the appropriate Contracts Director and other program staff. Has direct supervision over Contracts Specialist and is responsible and accountable for timeliness, accuracy, and quality of work products. Will develop and mentor direct reports for increased levels of responsibility.
Essential Functions can include:
• Actively manages compliance with terms and conditions of cost-type Federal Government contracts
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of Change Management principles in Government Contracting
• Enters and maintains Contracts information into company sales order system (SAP)
• Familiarity with government contracting and billing functions, general journal entries, cost monitoring; FAR and Cost Accounting Standards government regulation knowledge a plus.
• Program Management Financial/Cost Reports
• Program Management Budgeting
• Governmental Regulatory and Special Reports
• Maintains the controls and balances of various work orders.
• Participates in the preparation of budgets, payrolls, and pre-auditing functions as necessary.
• Reviews accounts for coding errors and reasonableness.
• Prepares and reviews supplemental financial reports on a monthly basis.
• Prepares financial analyses of operations for guidance of management.
• Prepares reports which outline the Programs’ financial position in the areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
• Coordinates preparation of all financial reporting information needed for Program Management.
• Ensures accuracy of all financial reports distributed to management and outside parties.
• Prepares quarterly Program Management reports for management.
• Participates in the preparation of financial forecasts.
• Queries revenue statistics from the computerized systems.
• Directs preparation of annual budgeting process, including monthly expense and capital budgets by Program.
• Ensures that monthly budget to actual reports for expense and capital transactions are provided to each budget location manager.
• Coordinates the examination and explanation of all budget variances.
• Coordinates the preparation of financial forecasts of business operations, financial position and the customer.
• Develops key business matrix and indicators to manage the Program’s financial and operational performance, including forecasting such indicators and measuring actual performance.
• Analyzes the requirements for the report, completes the reports, and files them timely.
• Accumulates accurate information from past periods for presentation of or for completion of the report.
• Monitors compliance with Area Wage Determinations and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, AND 6-9 years of experience; OR Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with 4-7 years of related experience.
• Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) certification a plus.
• Direct experience managing Federal Government contracts
• Experience with complex multi-layered programs with heavy Over and Above proposal and negotiation activity
• SAP knowledge (or other ERP) system experience is critical for the success of the position.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft EXCEL required. Active/current use of other MS Office applications needed
• Strong file management and organizational skills required
• Must be able to work autonomously with little functional supervision
• Need a team player with excellent customer service skills
• Able to obtain U.S. Secret Clearance
The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview. Some travel will be required.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, expeditionary maintenance, and quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply. We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance. Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. At times, must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft. At times, must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, and stoop. Must be able to walk particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as typing. Must be able to work at heights, subject to noise, subject to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, work on scaffolding, exposure to heat/cold. Must be able to communicate effectively.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - ASD-20000079
: Aug 29, 2017, 9:30:52 PM
: Contracts Administration