3 months ago
Boeing's Phantom Works Program is seeking a Contract administrator to support proprietary projects. This position reports to the Phantom Works Contracts Manager and is located in El Segundo, California.
Primary job duties:
• Conducts and leads proposal development and negotiation and provides contracting expertise to develop and negotiate creative business solutions for R&D, advanced product development and new and follow-on business.
• Represents the company to diverse customers, including U.S. Government, commercial, international and public/private institutions.
• Authorized to exercise commitment/signature authority in accordance with formal delegation to negotiate and contract for the sale or development of high performance defense and aerospace products and services (e.g., aircraft, missiles, spacecraft and launch vehicles).
• Administers complex contracts and agreements during the entire acquisition and product lifecycle.
• Provides contracts and pricing guidance, and operational leadership for the program/business management teams.
• Partners in the development of business unit strategy and achievement of goals.
• Submits offers and serves as official Boeing representative to the customer for moderately-complex to complex transactions as needed.
• Develops and/or maintains effective working relationships with customer counterparts and the next level within the customer organization.
• Works cooperatively with program teams, including attorneys to secure and protect Intellectual Property rights.
• Acts as change manager that effectively secures cost and schedule consideration for program impacts including bi-lateral, unilateral and constructive changes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and
Basic Qualifications (required):
• Must have experience drafting and negotiating contracts and sub-contracts.
• Must have experience leading or managing proposal development and negotiating government contracts.
• This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance, (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 month is considered active).
• Must also have a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
• Contingent upon government customer security approval and successful security clearance adjudication.
• Experience working with U.S. Government Major Systems Acquisitions.
• Experienced in fixed price and cost reimbursable methods of contracting (FFP, FPI, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FP-LoE and T&M), plus section 845 Other Transaction Agreements (OTA) and Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADA).
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award