18 days ago
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) an exciting opportunity to join the P-8 Program as a Contracts Representative.
This is a highly visible role in a fast-paced environment and will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to gain experience on a BDS Commercial Derivative program. This position is primarily responsible for providing contracting expertise to develop and negotiate complex creative business solutions in support of the P-8 Program both domestic and international contract transactions. The successful candidate will engage directly with the US NAVAIR customer, Program leadership and cross-functional teams.
* Administer complex contracts and agreements in support of the development, production and post-production phases of the product lifecycle including Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign Military Sales (FMS), and International Cooperative Agreements within delegated authority.
* Develop solutions to complex problems and coordinate solutions to applicable stakeholders.
* Identify contractual and financial risks and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies.
* Provide subject matter expertise as prime contracts and pricing consultant on highly significant matters relating to P-8 contracts, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
* Provides guidance on proposal development, contract negotiations and implementation of contract negotiation strategies
* Proactively maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships with internal and external customer counterparts who operate in domestic and international environments in order to solidify long term working relationships
* Advises management and serves as external spokesperson for the organization on major contracts
* Communicating the status on all P-8 contracting actions in functional and program level reviews
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education and Experience: Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* This position requires compliance with US Export Control, therefore the applicant must be a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15? “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
* Bachelor's degree
* Experience working with contracts
* Experience conducting negotiations - demonstrated working knowledge of the strategic application of terms and conditions in contract negotiations highly desired
* Demonstrated working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
* Experience responding to Requests for Proposals (RFP)
* Experience working with government contracts
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award