5 months ago
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or other equivalent field required
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred
* Three (3) or more years’ experience as a controller for a manufacturing firm with at least 50 employees preferred
* Actual experience as a controller in aerospace manufacturing preferred
* Public accounting experience of 3 to 6 years preferred
* Experience leading and managing lower level accounting/finance or equivalent personnel
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Working knowledge of a manufacturing accounting environment.
* Knowledge and ability to adhere to GAAP; following and applying accounting procedures and policies.
* Ability to analyze various functions, detect weaknesses and strengths in the accounting procedures throughout the entire facility, and implement and instruct personnel on improvements.
* Knowledge and ability of budgeting practices.
* Knowledge and ability to create and understand cost measurements.
* Working knowledge of Epicor, Access, Excel, and Word. Additional knowledge of PowerPoint and Visio is beneficial.
* Ability to communicate, verbal and written, effectively to establish proper accounting practices, train and direct personnel in various functional areas, and report internal and external data.
* Skills to participate in a team environment and present findings, resolutions, etc. as required.
Decision Making/Supervision/Resource Accountability:
* Direct supervisory responsibility for 4-10 employees responsible for all accounting, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Payroll, and other associated functions in the finance department.
* Evaluate and implement improvements in procedures while ensuring the integrity of the earnings and other financial statements.
* Review company system securities to ensure segregation of duties and determine if new securities present a conflict of interests.
Computing system hardware and software.
Work is customarily performed in an office setting. Lifting is generally limited to usual office equipment and supplies.