4 months ago
Job Code :
Fresno CA US 93727
Job Type :
Career Level :
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Job Description :
For more than 60 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines, the defense industry, satellite manufacturers and other electronics companies. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the “100 Most Innovative Companies” for 2015, making 10 awards in 10 years for our rapidly growing organization.
Niacc-Avitech Technologies Inc., a division of HEICO Aerospace Corporation, is currently looking for a Controller at our Clovis, California facility.
Our California facility is focused on Manufacturing of Power Generation subassemblies and Electrical Wire Harnesses as well as MRO services for a wide range of electrical, electronic, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic and wire harness components. We are an OEM supplier of new electrical stators, rotors and harnesses and an aftermarket supplier of rewinding services for AC & DC electrical sub-assemblies.
The role of the Controller is to implement and oversee the necessary processes and procedures in the areas of: revenue, expenditures, inventory, purchasing, receiving, cost of sales, payroll, and monthly, quarterly and fiscal-year-end closings. The Controller will work with other administrative staff to make sure their areas of expertise (invoicing, receiving, inventory, etc.) are accurately processed within the existing software systems. This person will perform the tasks required to comply with the HEICO's Accounting Policies as found on the company intranet and also maintain proper financial controls as mandated by GAAP and the 404 Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
The Controller is ultimately responsible for preparing the final general ledger, trial balance, and financial statements. The Controller ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the month end close, including preparation of journal entries, the Monthly Operating Report (MOR), additional supporting schedules, and balance sheet account analysis. He/she works closely with the General Manager to prepare the annual budget, then analyzes budget vs. actual variances throughout the year.
The Controller provides financial, administrative, and local operational support, particularly in the areas of cost control and process improvement. The Controller works with Corporate Internal Audit to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place and are in compliance with 404 SOX requirements.
The Controller must be fluent in English, and be able to prepare high quality written presentations and documentation. On occasion, the Controller is required to make presentations to small groups or all team members within the organization.
* Completes and/or oversees all items listed on the Month-End-Closing checklist.
* Must meet strict deadlines, and must work diligently to meet all corporate reporting due dates.
* Works with the Corporate Finance Department to prepare quarterly and annual schedules.
Internal Reporting and Analysis:
* Works closely with the General Manager and other management and sales personnel to provide reporting and data analysis regarding various areas of production, profit margins, work efficiencies, and sales analysis.
* Takes lead in developing, writing, reviewing, and scheduling various reports to satisfy reporting requests.
* Will be utilizing and be comfortable with using Excel functions, graphs, and pivot tables to summarize and evaluate information upon request.
* Works with the General Manager to project monthly sales, margins, costs, and operating income. Makes recommendations on how to improve the profitability of the reporting period.
* Supervises the A/R & A/P Accounting functions-includes oversight of workloads, schedules, and job demands when necessary.
* Often works with team to prioritize new projects.
* Maintains a team oriented environment, keeping all members of the department highly motivated.
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum 7-10 years’ experience required.
* Previous Controller experience in a manufacturing or other cost accounting environment required.
* Previous experience working for publicly traded companies (SOX 404 compliance) is preferred.
* Excellent communications, people skills, and ability work in a fast paced environment.
Skills & Abilities:
•Must be well versed in accounting software applications used to generate financial statement; experience with MS Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint to communicate and generate reports; very strong Excel skills to include pivot tables, graphs, V look up, etc. Must be able well versed in Crystal reporting.
•Must be able to quickly learn the existing ERP and HEICO's applications.
•Must be comfortable using various web-based applications for bank accounts, payroll, medical benefit providers, etc.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, this position is regularly required:
* Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to perform PC keyboarding for extended periods.
* Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities are required by this job including close vision.
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. Please, no phone calls or faxes will be accepted. We are proud to be an EEO/AA/V/H employer.
No agencies please.