4 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 11/07/2017
Posting Close Date: 11/21/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Controller - Component Repair
The Rotable Component Controller position is responsible for the exchange and repair control of parts, material and tooling used for aircraft maintenance.
· Provides technical and commercial oversight for outsourced component repairs on scope, schedule, and price.
· Assist the Warranty Lead as required.
· Process Repair and Exchange orders in accordance to company procedures.
· Responsible for ensuring outsourced component repairs are accomplished in accordance with Company Maintenance Schedule Approval Program (MSA).
· Responsible for ensuring the accomplishment of appropriate level of technical repair scope.
· Responsible for ensuring that component repairs are accomplished through approved vendor network.
· Liaise with part pool service provider on component requirements and core returns.
· Responsible for prioritizing component repair expediting to meet contractual delivery terms or expected repair turn time.
· Responsible for approving repair quotes for accomplishment in accordance with contractual pricing and commercial terms.
· Support current business conditions; maintain appropriate internal controls to ensure Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and Canadian Sarbanes-Oxley Act (C-Sox) compliance as it relates to Materials Management.
· Responsible to follow up with vendor on any paperwork or documentation discrepancies for component repairs or exchanges processed through Rotable Control.
· Liaise with vendor on any changes to the expected delivery date and monitor for overdue Repair or Exchange orders requiring follow up.
· Complete vendor performance evaluations as required.
· Ensure when working with static sensitive equipment and parts that the company Electrostatic Sensitive Device Program (ESD) process is followed.
· Complete all duties with the highest level of safety and report any condition or process which may adversely affect safety.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Requires completion of aviation maintenance technical diploma or equivalent.
· Requires minimum of 3 years of experience in airline technical role.
· Good working knowledge of aircraft materials handling, storage and shipping procedures.
· Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities associated with this position.
· Requires demonstrated functional competency in administering component repair programs.
· Requires computer competency in Microsoft Office suite.
· Must be able to obtain Airport Restricted Area access clearance.
· Minimum three (3) years previous stores experience or equivalent.
· Previous TRAX experience an asset.
· Knowledge of Transport Canada Regulations (CARs).
· Knowledge of Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and Service Letters an asset.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.