4 months ago
Controller, Financial Planning & Analysis
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54466BR Date posted 09/28/City Fairfield
The Controller plans and directs the Accounting and Finance activities of the organization to achieve Company goals and objectives. The Controller participates as a member of the leadership team and facilitates continuous improvement across the business unit. The Controller must have a strong knowledge of accounting and finance, an ability to see the big picture while paying attention to detail, an ability to think creatively, and a talent for management and staff development.
* Supervise the activities of the Finance and Accounting staff. Select, develop, motivate, and assess the Finance and Accounting staff. Train and coach the staff for improved performance and expanded opportunities. Evaluate staff performance and motivate development to the full potential. Establish individual and department objectives in support of Policy Deployment initiatives.
* Promote business partnership with site leadership Team through active collaboration, support, and pursuit of strategic and tactical opportunities and challenges.
* Act as site financial expert and resource while promoting alignment with Interiors and Corporate Financial services/resources.
* Coordinate and manage the Control and Analysis functions. Prepare timely and accurate management reporting. Provide supportable and predictable financial plans and analysis in accordance with business and enterprise requirements. Analyze financial data with a bias for corrective actions. Establish site policies and controls. Utilize Policy Deployment Reviews (PDPR) to ensure successful execution of the organization’s goals and objectives.
* Coordinate and manage the General and Cost Accounting functions. Prepare, enhance and maintain compliant policies and procedures and monitor for continued compliance. Interpret, execute, and provide consultative direction for company wide modifications to policies and procedures. Ensure propriety on month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings. Summarize accurate and timely results of business activity and financial position. Provide timely and accurate financial reporting in support of all local, Interiors, and Corporate requirements. Maintain auditable systems and effectively support internal and external audits.
* Collaborate with other Interiors and UTAS Sites. Provide and solicit accounting and financial guidance as required. Actively partner with and support shared services. Act as financial liaison to provide Interiors or UTAS communication to local management and staff. Support other Interiors and UTAS locations as required. Support Interiors “one company” vision
Level of Responsibility:
Has responsibility for entire systems, projects, programs or operational unit across or within functional areas
Accountable for budget, staffing, and/or business/operational results
Has other managers and/or senior individual contributors reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Five plus years related experience in Governmental Accounting
* Strong knowledge of cost systems in a manufacturing environment.
* Key skills include leadership, staff development and motivation, strategic thinking, experience with continuous improvement, verbal and written communication, and strong problem solving skills.
Bachelor's Degree - Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
CPA Certified preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.