4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Controls Engineer - GE Additive is focused on the design and manufacturing of additive machines (powder bed and other modalities, powder handling systems, etc). In addition to the additive manufacturing process, this position requires a balance of theoretical and hands-on skills to be able to introduce new technologies into the additive machine space to improve industrialization readiness, fine feature resolution, integrate into digital, and increase machine size and speed.
In addition, you will develop additive manufacturing processes for powder bed and other modalities.
This could include various aspects of the following:
* Process development
* Machine parameter development
* Software development
* Printing strategy development / optimization
* Motion control
* Industrializing additive and post-additive processes
* Leveraging in-process monitoring
* Identifying and defining breakthrough technologies for process improvements for the next generation of machines
* Helping define the additive factory of the future
* Define and control production process including additive parameters and other manufacturing processes needed to produce prototype hardware
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Work together with business leadership at SPB and EB level
* Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
* Deliver products as part of a team
* Work on cross functional teams
* Lead analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering
* Software / controls experience
* Experience in the field of additive manufacturing
* New product introduction experience – designing hardware, equipment, process development, etc.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Outside the box thinker - creative
* Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles
* Detail oriented
* Strong program management skills
* Passionate about additive and related technologies
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Cincinnati