6 days ago
The Communication Coordinator is responsible for implementing tactical and strategic communications for the Airport Customer Service and Cargo Ops division; providing communication to more than 28,000 ACS and Cargo Ops employees worldwide. Other responsibilities are to: inform audiences by mass communication methods and innovative uses of technology; coordinate consistent messaging and communication procedures; work with employee programs that effectively support and advance division as well as corporate initiatives; execute project-level communication plans and manage communication projects, including creating presentations and practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with expertise in creating design concepts and graphics to be used along with text or as standalone items, such as infographics.
Primary duties/requirements of this job include the following:
* for Airport Customer Service and Cargo Ops. Departments include safety and security , passenger service, ramp operations, cabin cleaning, resource planning,
* ACS and Cargo Learning, baggage service recovery, Deicing, GSE, cargo, employee uniforms and Frontline Involvement Team; as well support HR and cross-divisional communications. Shares responsibility for monitoring, measuring and tracking effectiveness of communications plans/campaigns
* Support communication plans for new initiatives, technology roll-out
* Support the communications of senior leadership messages to employees within the division
* Perform station visits to multiple cities to access communications and understand how the channels support day to day operations to optimize efficiency and ways to further improve communications
* Interact with employee programs and design electronic and printed media products (publications, newsletters, brochures, posters, presentations, etc.) for the purpose of communication and promoting a positive image with a focus on building a great place to work
* Partner with corporate communications to publish executive and senior leader communications within the division to employees; and draft timely divisional stories and other content
* Participate in meetings with cross-divisional leaders to create and develop communication plans for corporate and division initiatives
* Partner with Delta Connection Carriers to publish customer service and operational communications
* Work to ensure messages are consistent with Delta's brand and meet company and division standards to promote a positive image on behalf of the organization
* Manage web content for the ACS and Cargo Operations portal pages; maintain current content, expire old content and upload new content. In addition to writing, editing and proofreading site content, the communication specialist supports the training of all new divisional authors in SharePoint and work closely with the technical team to set standards and guidelines with regard to new development of portal sites and IT trouble reports
* Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, mass communications or related field is preferred.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and frontline employee groups.
* Applies strategic and critical thinking attributes and uses project management methodology for implementation of new communication products, tools and technical enhancements.
* Possess a high degree of initiative and the ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required.
* 3+ years of communication experience preferred.
Proficient knowledge in MS Office, InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop. Experience with web publishing tools and website maintenance/development; SharePoint.
* Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.