7 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Coordinator, Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable 8 Month Term
Reporting to the Team Lead – Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, the AP/AR Coordinator is responsible for the accurate & timely processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices, payments and queries.
* Process invoices, vouchers, credits and payments in compliance with WestJet business practices and the department’s commitments to service levels, including some that are extremely time sensitive and confidential.
* Working in a multi-company account structure (WestJet, Westjet Vacations, Encore and WestJet Employee Association) with multiple currencies (CAD, USD, Euros and GBP).
* Ability to work independently, ensuring deadlines are met for discounts, interest charges, and payment terms.
* Work with business units to resolve queries and discrepancies, and ensure all significant dollar invoices are included in the month-end.
* Investigate discrepancies including vendor statement reconciliations, purchase orders received but not invoiced, tax calculations; and foreign exchange calculations.
* Validate and post journal entries, AP vouchers and/or verify other output(s) for accuracy.
* Investigate external & internal inquiries and respond to basic/common queries, escalating non-routine/complex issues to Sr Coordinator or Team Lead.
* Participate in departmental and cross-departmental projects and initiatives, including automation and process improvement opportunities, sharing experiences and ideas.
* Document processes relating to areas of responsibility.
* Perform basic analyses/reports to identify/quantify issues and gather information for ad-hoc management requests as required.
* Participate in the testing for system changes and make suggestions for improvement of processes.
* Manage large volumes of email with invoice attachments, and as required Canada Post mail and scan to electronic copies for document storage.
* Provide training and assistance to new or other members of the department on areas of responsibility.
* 2 years related experience preferred
* Post-secondary education and/or certificate in a related field an asset
* Previous experience with applicable systems an asset (e.g. JDE, TD Business Systems, Fuel Plus, TRAX, MS applications Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe Writer).
* Previous experience with accounts payable and accounts receivable processes an asset
* Ability to apply knowledge/skills to a variety of standard day-to-day activities
* Sound judgement on when to seek assistance or refer to others with more complex or unusual situations outside own area of knowledge
* Identifies problems and resolves based on defined procedures and guidelines, requests assistance from others for non-routine problems/queries.
* Prioritizes and organizes workload to deliver on agreed deadlines; requests assistance when issues arise that risk set deadlines or commitments.
* Contributes actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas.
* Builds positive working relationships within AP team as well as with internal and external business partners.
* Fluency in French and/or Spanish (written and verbal) an asset.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.