5 months ago
Thank you for taking the next step in the REACH Air Medical Services hiring process.
Our talented team of Associates at REACH are Making a Difference EVERY day! We are currently in search of a Corporate Safety Manager to join our team!
* Having real autonomy both as an individual and as part of a team.
* Working for a company that continuously seeks ways to improve the efficiency, quality and safety for our employees, customers and the communities we serve.
* Being part of a team that cares about you and supports you in your success.
The REACH Team of professionals awaits your contribution to excellence. Help us Make a Difference!
Reporting to the Director of Safety, the Corporate Safety Manager is responsible for managing tasks related to the organization’s comprehensive safety programs. Promotes all aspects of Risk Management throughout the organization by cultivating an environment of balanced accountability, Positive Reporting and “Just Culture”. Reviews all operational aspects of the organization to assess and make recommendations to mitigate potential negative outcomes from occurring.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Possesses a working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations within the Air Ambulance industry.
* Develops, maintains and provides guidance on assigned Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety initiatives and programs;
1. Safety Management Systems (SMS),
2. Internal Evaluation Program (IEP),
3. Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP),
4. Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA)
* Provides direction and guidance to assigned Base Safety Representatives (BSR) and regional leadership teams in the execution of safety programs, as assigned by the director of safety
* Coordinates, participates, and monitors base safety representatives' activities
* Trains and ensures personnel clearly understand and are compliant with company safety programs, policies & procedures, and systems designed to mitigate the risk of incidents/accidents
* Coordinates and participates in incident/accident investigations and reporting as assigned
* Evaluates field operations and corporate-based support functions’ business processes and initiatives to ensure effective safety practices
* Performs job hazard analyses to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
* Works collaboratively with Departmental Leadership and Program Managers
* Performs other related work as assigned by the director of safety
* Travels to base locations as required
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Three (3) years EMS, Safety Management, clinical/aviation/maintenance operations experience or equivalent preferred.
* Demonstrated history of creative problem solving, autonomous function and organizational abilities necessary to manage the implementation of corporate safety initiatives.
* Possesses a working knowledge of the Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) practices Maintain currency in all job-related certifications and training qualifications.
* Ability to reference, interprets, and applies company policies, procedures, and external regulations associated with key operating processes and job tasks.
* Possesses excellent computer skills, to include database management, reporting and Windows Office Suite.
* Provides excellent customer service by maintaining a cooperative and harmonious relationship with both internal and external customers.
* Valid driver’s license
* Demonstrated ability to analytically resolve technical and logistical issues, while working collaboratively with a diverse team
* Ability and willingness to travel to any/all Reach Medical Holdings base locations as needed, up to 30%, with occasional overnights.
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or International Society of Safety Professionals (ISSP) certification
* Possess above-average teaching and public speaking ability
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills, including the writing of safety newsletter articles and public presentations
Value Based Competencies:
* Anticipate and strive to understand the unique needs of each customer and/or patient.
* Tailor each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
* Respond quickly and effectively to problems that arise while providing service.
* Demonstrate open, honest and respectful communication.
* Provide timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others’ development; must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed.
* Take responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
* Measure progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
* Think broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
* Seek out and utilize best practices; using Lean learning principles.
* Involves a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking.
* Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting (knuckle height and ankle height).
* Capable of lifting 50 lbs. floor to bench height.
* Ability to hear routine aircraft and medical equipment noises.
* Requires close and distant visual capability.
* Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions, moderate exposure to routine office noises, electrical or mechanical hazards and frequent exposure to an aircraft hangar environment where the employee may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards.
* Reports to: Director of Safety
* Interrelationships: All employees, managers, directors, and vice presidents and external agencies.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).