3 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Crane, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking individuals to fill full-time roles in our manufacturing shop as welders/fabricators of overhead bridge cranes.
Job Summary: Weld, fabricate, and assemble overhead bridge cranes.
Work Performed/Special Skills & Requirements
* AWS certified in MIG, FLAW, and STICK, all positions - TIG and aluminum a plus
* Ability/willingness to follow direction
* Possibility of some field work from time to time (limited, but must be willing)
* Ability to work well with others in a shop environment. Team player.
* Willingness to work as directed (not always welding or fitting).
* Willingness to perform/learn multi-skills
* Ability to work in a shop environment using overhead cranes, and various shop tools consistent with steel fabrication (shear, saws, punches, drill press, etc.)
* Ability to read and understand blueprints with dimensions and tolerancing
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Has good set of basic tools as required for welder/fitter position
* Can lay out, cut, fit, and weld with minimal supervision
* Ability to work safely around moving machinery
* Positive attitude
* Excellent attendance and punctuality record
* Good mechanical skills
* Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
* 2+ years' work experience with similar types of equipment in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
* Overtime/weekends are sometimes required
* Basic math skills
* Maintain clean and safe working environment
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.