Crew Pay Supervisor
The Supervisor of Crew Pay is responsible for the facilitation of monthly payroll for Pilots and Flight Attendants including the continual evaluation of current processes and procedures to identify areas that are in need of process improvement. This position is also responsible to assist in the development of Crew Pay Analyst through the teaching and sharing of crew pay best practices. The Supervisor of Crew Pay will oversee a team of five Crew Pay Analyst and will help prioritize the workload for the team.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise a team of five Crew Pay Analyst responsible for the execution of monthly crew pay both in an accurate and timely fashion
- Supervise the Crew Pay team to ensure crewmember service levels are maintained to the highest standard while striving to expeditiously address any issues as they arise
- Foster strong working relationships and trust with both crewmembers and cross departmental leaders in Labor Relations, Scheduling, Flight Ops, Inflight, HR, IT, and the payroll department at the Shared Services Organization (SSO)
- Delegate and assign work to the Crew Pay Analysts as necessary
- Maintain and interpret knowledge of existing Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Work in conjunction with the Crew Pay Manager to continually develop departmental goals and objectives that directly impact Crew Pay strategy
- Identify, evaluate, and help to implement process improvements to help make the pay process more efficient
- Build strong work relationships with both the internal IT organization and external vendor partners to seek out and identify IT solutions to improve the Crew Pay Process
- Manage and maintain monthly, weekly, and daily schedule(s) to ensure accurate completion of all tasks in a timely manner.
Required Education and Experience:
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; performance management; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); ability to translate complex contractual terms and explanations into easily understandable language; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability to operate in an aggressive growth environment
- 1+ years of experience in supervisory management (payroll preferred)
- Associate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with individuals at various levels
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Ability to perform projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Strong interpersonal abilities and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to execute contractual policies and procedures regarding pay
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities and reports to the Director of Finance
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.