QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Included in position but not limited to:
• Proficiency with windows-based software and ability to learn new applications
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to manage telephone communication and apply critical problem solving skills
• Ability to excel in dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Ability to complete complex tasks in a timely manner and often under deadline pressure
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES: Duties include but are not limited to:
• Creating and modifying pilot and flight attendant schedules in compliance with all applicable FAA regulations and contractual obligations
• Ensuring all crew members are notified of any schedule changes
• Paying close attention to the current state of flight operations, especially during periods of inclement weather or other circumstances that may result in delays, and/or flight cancellations
• The Crew Scheduling position is full time. The Crew Scheduling Department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedule alteration and trading are allowed as long as the staffing remains adequate.
It takes a unique individual to excel in this capacity. The majority of time is spent performing multiple repetitive tasks which acquire a high level of attention to detail and precise communication to other scheduling personnel, crewmembers and management.
On occasion, circumstances can cause disruption of the normal operation, which requires a great ability to make and execute decisions under intense deadline pressure. In addition, the job requires constant interaction with crewmembers. An ideal candidate will possess the emotional maturity to not be swayed or intimidated into making exceptions or applying rules inconsistently.