Cross Utilized Station Agent (Part-Time)
The station agent is the “face of the airline” and creates a positive impression and a positive travel experience by delivering top quality service
The station agent performs all the functions of a customer service agent and additionally performs all the functions of a ramp agent
The station agent can be assigned to work either area on any given day, or may work all of the above functions on a single flight
Essential Job Functions
· Customer Service responsibilities include: checking customers in for flights, checking customer luggage in, selling tickets, making reservations, boarding flights at the departure gate, meeting arriving flights, assisting customers with claims for delayed or damaged baggage, responding to customer inquiries, reconciling ticket sales and closing out cash drawers/accounting functions, and providing general customer assistance
· Ramp responsibilities include: marshaling aircraft into parking positions, unloading baggage and delivering it to baggage claim area, loading luggage onto departing flights, assisting special needs passengers, loading and unloading carry-on bags, cleaning aircraft cabins, servicing aircraft lavatories, connecting and disconnecting external power generators to the aircraft, boarding catering supplies, performing security functions, preparing aircraft weight and balance paperwork, coordinating with pilots, airline dispatch office, and the customer service department
· Conduct other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Must be able to work any shift in a 24-hour period, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
· Must be extremely flexible; willing and able to prioritize Silver work schedule
· Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
· Must have professional appearance
· Excellent attendance and punctuality required
Education and Experience
· At least 1 year customer service required
· Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
· Valid Driver’s License Required
· US Passport or Equivalent Required
Sight: Must be able to see well enough to read reports
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and team members.
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up passenger luggage.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds repeatedly.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
Working Conditions: Silver Airways flies in all weather conditions and Cross Utilized Agents are required to work during freezing cold and extremely warm temperatures.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer
Silver Airways offers excellent benefits including travel benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V/G