American Airlines is a commercial airline providing passenger and cargo transportation throughout North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Customer Assistance Representative interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner:
- Accepting, checking and tagging customers baggage at kiosks
- Processing and completing credit card baggage transactions at kiosks
- Assisting customers with self-service kiosk check-in and kiosk baggage processing
- Queuing lines in ticket counter areas
- Accepting and activating customers self-tagged baggage
- Performing clearance and verification of documents at kiosks
- Possibly performing additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by management in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement
- Ability to serve customers courteously, professionally and efficiently
- Cognitive skills to perform basic functions
- Bend, stoop, and lift up to 70 pounds, sit, or stand for prolonged periods of time and walk long distances
- Ability to work well under stress/pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends and holidays, per shift bid
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language. Bilingual language skills may be required in some locations.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Additional Locations: None