3 months ago
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Customer Quality Engineer role focuses on supporting our customer's quality needs. As the Customer Quality Engineer, you will leverage product knowledge, data analytics, and customer feedback to develop a strategy and drive improvement for the customer. Product quality review associated with the manufacturing process. Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies. Direct external customer engagement.
In addition, as Customer Quality Engineer, your responsibilities include :
* Ownership of quality assurance and control for assigned customer programs
* Includes conformance in manufacturing goods, contractual requirements, and customer deliverables
* Lead complex root cause and corrective action investigations to address and eliminate customer escapes
* Connect the dots across technologies and data analytics to create and execute Customer Quality Improvement Plans (CQIPs)
* Regularly communicates with external customers and across the organization (including leadership)
* Work with supplier quality, engineering, and manufacturing organizations to solve problems and address risk
* Must work well with customers, cross functional teams, shop floor personnel, and suppliers
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Quality
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Experience working with major aviation and military customer and regulatory agencies
* Understanding of AS9100 quality management systems
* Experience with leading root cause and corrective action teams in technical applications
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation - Electrical Power, LI is a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of custom-engineered power conversion and cockpit control panels. Located on Long Island, one hour east of New York City and next to Long Island MacArthur Airport, EP-LI is a predominately US Military supplier providing equipment for a wide variety of land based and aircraft applications including air transport, rotorcraft and military fixed wing. We have been servicing major customers of Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and General Dynamics for more than 40 years. Our staff of dedicated professionals has consistently applied creative engineering solutions to support mission critical requirements. These solutions have repeatedly been successfully applied with state of the art manufacturing techniques in both high and low volume production programs. Our site is housed in a 94,000 square foot facility, designed specifically to provide vertical integration of the broad range of capabilities required to give us control of all aspects of the design, development, manufacturing and test of products. These capabilities include: computer aided design center, transformer manufacturing capability, sheet metal fabrication department, fully integrated assembly and testing, as well as a complete environmental testing laboratory. Understanding the need for on time delivery of qualified and reliable systems, as well as responding to the requirements of the marketplace, is integral to our work in providing critical, complex equipment for both long term and quick reaction programs. Bohemia is located near Islip, NY. Come learn more about our area!
Locations: United States; New York; Bohemia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.