6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Program / Customer Relations - Sales & Marketing
Customer Sales Manager – Aftermarket Spares
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Safran is looking for a Customer Sales Manager – Aftermarket Spares to join our Twinsburg, OH Aftermarket Sales team. This role will be responsible will support the management all activities involved with the spare parts business sales for TECHNOFAN and POWER division. Responsible for promoting consistent high level growth in sales and profitability. Manage the complete service cycle for spares parts business including customer follow-up to ensure division's objectives. The SSM will support the Regional Lead to support the delivery of consistent growth of the department, measured in bookings and sales. Monitor on-time deliveries for allocated customer base.
The position is predominantly based in Twinsburg, OH but national and international travel may be required.
• Support the Sales management for Spare Parts for all market segments.
• Prepare and check/validate the commercial offers to answer on due time to the customer requests.
• Support Sales review process with detailed analysis / reports on progress of opportunities and sales achievement.
• Capture selling opportunities through visits, phone and email responses to customers, order entry analysis and research.
• Contribute and participate to all necessary budget exercises related to Spares Sales.
• Monitor and manage the relationship with allocated ARC (Authorized Repair Centers)/Partners, through regular visits and contract review
• Develop strong understanding of spares market to support various pricing exercises including annual catalogue process.
• Monitor what competition is doing (such available STC and PMA solutions).
• Participate and contribute to demand review for spares
• May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally - 40-60%
Candidate skills & requirements
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Sales, Marketing or Business with a minimum of seven years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities and international business skills.
• Successful experience in managing sales through distribution network and in the Aerospace business
• Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques, contractual negotiations and financial principles.
• Strong knowledge of aviation aftermarket activities and MRO market knowledge
• Excellent leadership, influencing, teamwork and communication skills
• Emotionally resilient and able to drive projects effectively for excellence against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
• Customer oriented and able to operate effectively in a high pressure environment and pressing customer deadlines
• Ability to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customer
• Strong conflict management skills
• Enthusiastic, with a drive for results
• Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in office IT suite (excel, word and PowerPoint).
• Capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment
• Experience working with the DoD
• Experience working within a matrix structure
• Background and/or experience with Electrical systems
• Strong verbal and written skills, additional French language would be a plus.
• Knowledge of SAP environment.
North America, United States, Ohio
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years