3 months ago
The position pays per union agreement of $14.65 per hour plus the benefits listed below.
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
- Responsible for assisting customers with travel needs such as answering inquiries, ticketing, checking-in passengers, and boarding flights in a fast-paced environment
- Sell tickets and ensure cabin accommodations
- Perform computer and paperwork tasks
- Evaluate and prepare flights by arranging seat assignments and load, coordinate special meals, and upgrades
- Perform boarding and gate duties, such as checking flight tickets, assisting and directing passengers, making announcements, checking aircraft, and confirming cabin security
- Processing and securing passenger luggage
- May be assigned to perform duties in varying capacities, at the direction of management to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring
- This position is full-time with 20-30 scheduled hours per week. There is an opportunity to pick up additional hours if desired.
- The hours of operation are 1AM - 4AM, 365 days per year.
- We are looking for candidates who are very flexible and can work any shift assigned; early mornings, afternoons, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Two years of customer service or community service experience required
- Possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills
- Type at least 25 WPM required
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds required
- Flexible to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays required
- Able to participate in paid training required
- Able to accept a starting pay of $14.65 per hour (may vary depending on location) required
- Able to learn and operate a computerized reservation system
- Able to adapt to performing work according to set procedures
- Able to anticipate needs of others in a fast paced environment
The location for this position is in San Jose International Airport (SJC).
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including;
- insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care
- 401(k) retirement savings plans
- monthly and annual incentive bonus plans
- paid time off and a generous employee travel program
Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10TH
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.