3 months ago
Customer Service Agent
Apply by Date: Mar 12, 2018
: CA-ON-Sault Ste. Marie
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Number of Openings
Jazz was voted one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2017!
As a Jazz customer service agent, you will be part of a team professionally representing Air Canada Express. In the course of a day, you will be responsible for greeting passengers, assisting them with their check in and bag tagging, via our web based computer system, as well as facilitating the boarding and deplaning of all Air Canada passengers in your station. You may be asked to lift a suitcase or push a wheelchair. The airport can be a fast paced environment during the aircraft arrival and departure period however safety and customer service is our priority. Join our team and you and your immediate family members will enjoy perks such as special rates on airfare, flights, car rentals, hotel accommodation, vacation packages and even cruises. Transfer to any of our other 35 Canadian locations when we have open positions, or take a management career path. You will like our extensive benefits package!
Purpose of Position:
To provide exceptional customer service by greeting and serving passengers at airport counters and gates.
* Using an airline computerized system:
* Make reservations and assessing fares;
* Ticketing and complete daily sales reports;
* Passenger check-in;
* Check, weigh the baggage, calculate any excess baggage charges and process payment.
* Make general passenger announcements.
* Liaise with external and internal customers. i.e. ramp agent, flight crew, dispatch, etc.
* Provide outstanding customer service answering general inquiries at the airport.
* Assist passengers requiring special handling.
* Handle and resolve customer complaints.
* Departure Gate customer service and boarding as well as providing assistance to passengers to and from aircraft.
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Depending on the base, other duties may include:
* Cargo processing.
* Handle missing baggage and damaged baggage claims.
* Jet-way operation.
* Conduct radio communications with aircraft and record flight information.
* Minimum of two years of customer service experience.
* General computer experience required, including the ability to type and navigate the internet.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Demonstrated judgment and problem-solving ability and effective decision-making skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Ability to work and handle tight deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Previous airline experience or post-secondary courses in travel and tourism are definite assets.
* Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations an asset.
* Must successfully complete the Customer Service Agent Initial training course in accordance with Company Standards.
* Must obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification ID pass (to be obtained upon employment).
* English language required.
* French language is considered an asset.*
*Note: Bilingualism is a requirement in some of our stations. We are proud to offer Bilingual Services at many of the airports we serve. Please indicate on your application and resume if you are bilingual in English and French.