4 months ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Hourly Rate of $13.40/Hr
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for a Customer Service Agent at the Boston Airport.
* Check in Passengers, issue boarding pass, seat selection and verify immigration documentation
* Check in baggage - ensure Company regulations regarding size/weight are complied with collect excess charges
* Make reservations
* Compute fares, issue tickets and provide passengers with relevant information, including Customs and Immigration requirements
* Perform Baggage Tracing duties
* Coordinate the boarding of passengers onto the aircraft:
* Ensure safety procedures are followed
* Monitor carry-on baggage
* Assist passengers as required
* Operate loading bridges
* Handle irate passengers/oversells and those affected by irregular operations
* Handle VIP's
* Assist physically challenged passengers. Includes pushing wheelchairs if required
* Handle and account for cash/documents in accordance with Company regulations
* May be required to man First Class Lounge to provide ticketing, check in, information assistance etc. to passengers
* Update records in Res III as required to ensure proper processing of passengers at next point of contact
* Maintain all Company standards
* In the absence of Manager or Lead Customer Service Agents make, carry out and document decisions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the work unit and protect Company interests
* Inform staff either verbally or in writing, as required, of changes in rules, methods or procedures
* Ensure that all necessary supplies and material are on hand in sufficient quantity
Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative;
Must be capable of expressing self in a clear and pleasant manner;
Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision;
Must wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standards;
Must be able to stand for extended period of time;
Must, after training, be able to efficiently use the Company's automated reservations, ticketing and baggage tracing systems;
Must be able to lift seventy (70) lbs unaided;
Must maintain an acceptable attendance record;
Must be able to work shift work including irregular shifts and overtime when required/directed;
Must have a high school graduation diploma or its equivalent.
Required to wear Company provided hearing protection when working in designated high noise areas.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Airport & Cargo
about 1 month ago
only 15 days until close
23 days ago
only 19 days until close