3 months ago
MEET VIRGIN AMERICA
Virgin America is on a brand new path to make flying good again. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Alaska Airlines, we have grown to be the premier airlines for people on the West Coast, with a reputation for creating extraordinary and stylish journeys for our guests and teammates. As a result, we've won numerous awards, topping "best airlines," "best employers," and "best operations" lists year after year. If you have the thirst and creativity to make this the most loved airline in the sky, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always love to work.
- This position is for full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week)
- Responsible for assisting customers with travel needs such as answering inquiries, ticketing, checking-in passengers, and boarding flights in a fast-paced environment
- Sell tickets and ensure cabin accommodations
- Perform computer and paperwork tasks
- Evaluate and prepare flights by arranging seat assignments and load, coordinate special meals, and upgrades
- Perform boarding and gate duties, such as checking flight tickets, assisting and directing passengers, making announcements, checking aircraft, and confirming cabin security
- Processing and securing passenger luggage
- May be assigned to perform duties in varying capacities, at the direction of management to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Two years of customer service or community service experience required
- Possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills
- Type at least 25 WPM required
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds required
- Flexible to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays required
- Able to participate in paid training required
- Able to accept a starting pay of $12.65 per hour required
- Able to learn and operate a computerized reservation system
- Able to adapt to performing work according to set procedures
- Able to anticipate needs of others in a fast paced environment
The location for this position is at Love Field in Dallas, Texas
Please apply on or before: November 29, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.