2 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 09/11/2017
Posting Close Date: 09/18/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
*** This posting is advertised with a goal of creating a POOL of qualified candidates in YYJ ***
Given the industry we are in and the natural attrition that occurs, it is hard to predict when vacancies will arise. With that said, this is why we hold interview events to select great candidates to be placed in a pool. If successfully placed in the pool and a vacancy arises,WestJet will contact you to offer a position. From there training would occur. The pool remains active for 6 months.
As a CSA, your bright personality and smile enrich the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world and create a remarkable experience for our guests. At Airports, we believe that every connection matters.
The CSA position is a highly physical role; agents are required to be on their feet for long periods of time. Physical tasks may include assisting guests requiring mobility assistance through all areas of the airport and lifting and moving guests’ baggage.
As a Customer Service Agent, you will:
* Provide a stress-free and safe experience by anticipating guests’ needs and provide genuine, customized service for every guest.
* Facilitate the check-in process for guests either at self-serve check-in, or at guest assistance using our reservation system.
* Assist guests during the check-in process by activating their bag tags using the activation system.
* Assist guests requiring assistance including pushing guests in wheelchairs, escorting unaccompanied minors, and guiding people with visual impairments.
* Operate assistive mobility devices such as the Eagle II and Eagle III assistive wheelchair devices.
* Move and lift bags on to baggage belts.
* Handle various forms of payment including cash, debit, and credit cards.
* Ensure the check-in queues run smoothly by directing guests to the appropriate areas.
* Ensure WestJet promises and procedures are followed according to the rules and regulations of governing bodies such as Transport Canada.
* Organize the safe arrival and departure of a flight by completing technical and non-technical gate tasks.
* Announce flight arrivals, departures, and boarding information using the public address system.
* Handle guests’ concerns with empathy and resolve challenges with empowerment.
* Assist with security checks and grooming the aircraft, including light cleaning of seats, seat pockets, and floor.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and commitment to teamwork in a friendly and caring atmosphere.
An ideal applicant will possess these essential qualifications and skills:
* A positive and passionate personality, with the ability to communicate well with people.
* Proven experience in a customer service industry, with at least two years of experience in a customer-facing role.
* A demonstrated proficiency with computers, and recent experience using Windows-based software.
* Flexibility to work shift-work including early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* An ability to multitask in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
* An ability to use handheld radios and microphones to communicate with operational teams and make airport announcements.
* A physical ability to consistently lift up to 70lbs/32kgs.
* A professional, well-groomed appearance, and the ability to represent the WestJet brand to our guests and teammates.
* Fluency in the English language, both oral and written.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.