4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor auger, is seeking a Customer Service Representative to add to our 400 -associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, profit sharing, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Summary: This position is a self-leader working with the Mobile and Process industry sales team. The position supports key customer accounts in the Mobile and Process side of the Drives business. It is all encompassing from quote process through delivery, utilizing internal business systems and working closely with other functional areas to ensure customer needs are met.
* Build strong, positive relationships with key contacts, internal and external, mainly through phone contact.
* Manage the customer quotation process from receipt of RFQ from the customer through the internal review and approval process to the customer direct quotation and follow up with the customer to obtain the order.
* Manage the order fulfillment process through order receipt through order entry, proactive order reviews, order expediting, order management with customer changes, order acknowledgments and shipping.
* Provide product or other information promoting our products with current and prospective customers.
* Maintain customer item/price files.
* Monitor customer forecasts and communicate changes within Drives production and planning.
* Solve problems relating to delivery.
* Process and manager the communications internally and with the customer on quality issues or product returns.
* Proactively notify customers as needed when open orders may become past due.
* Interface with regional managers, manufacturers’ representatives, and warehouses to meet customer needs.
* Provide requested shipment tracking and data.
* Communicate openly and positively with Customer Service, Planners, plant personnel, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.
* Provide customer input to regular planner meetings
* Analyze data to benefit Sales & Operations measurements.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Planning/Ordering System.
* Familiarity with Timken Drives products and department operations.
* Effective communication skills both written and oral.
* Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
* Effective organization skills.
* Great customer service skills including account management and phone skills.
* Self-started, committed to results and continuous improvement.
* Ability to handle pressure/deadlines in a respectful, constructive manner.
* Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
Education: Minimum – Associates Degree in a business related field. Preferred - Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business, Supply Chain or similar
Previous Job Experience
Preferred: 4 years
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.