6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. Safran Electronics & Defense is the No. 1 company in Europe and No. 3 worldwide for inertial navigation systems used in air, land and naval applications. It is also No. 1 worldwide in helicopter flight controls and the European leader in optronics and tactical UAV systems. Operating worldwide, Safran Electronics & Defense employs 7,600 people in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and South America.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Administrative Support
Customer Service Representative
Regular Full time
Part time / Full time
- Customer Service Representative - accountable for all aspects of customer repairs and sales of spare parts across all products manufactured or supplied by Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, including rentals and exchanges, spare.
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction by providing customers with the highest level of customer service possible.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with customers through constant communication.
- Prepares and submits quotations for all repairs (in-house and outsourced)
- Processes outright sales to customers.
- Processes and follows up on customer outright purchase orders; including order entry, coordinating shipping and identifying customer's credit standing.
- Prepares status updates for each status request submitted by customers.
- Processes warranty/non-warranty exchange requests.
- Maintains resale files for all orders received (open and closed).
- Maintains back order data, releasing parts once received.
- Works closely with Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA purchasing to ensure on-time delivery for backordered items.
- Processes rental/loaner requests.
- Tracks return of cores from customers in a timely manner.
- Invoices customer based on approved quotations once repairs are returned to customer.
- Maintains closed work order files.
- Communicates accurate information in a timely manner.
- Ensures Business Segment Managers are kept abreast of any pertinent information that is exchanged with customers in relation to AOG's, critical requirements, etc.
- Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipments)
Candidate skills & requirements
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years in aviation related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity/knowledge of the customers related to Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA.
- Strong knowledge of aviation community and requirements associated with industry.
- Proficient / Expert level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, rules and regulations that can be applied immediately.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
North America, United States, Texas
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years