4 months ago
Customer Service Supply Chain Co-op
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56014BR Date posted 10/31/City Rockford
The candidate for this co-op position will report to the Supply Chain Manager within Customer Service. The candidate should possess outstanding leadership, interpersonal and project management skills. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills as he or she will have the opportunity to interface with peers, management and UTAS Senior Leadership. This individual will be responsible for specific project deliverables, decision support assistance and support of operational and organizational performance.
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to focus on results and strong analytical skills as the individual will have the opportunity to drive the success of our organization. Several projects or functions will be assigned to the candidate based on their specific skill set and interests. These may include Pricing File maintenance, Contract Compliance Matrix generation, negotiation support, supplier management, delivery assurance, supplier performance assessment/corrective action and QMS oversight and management.
The candidate must possess a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. It is expected that the candidate will be comfortable working with large amounts of data and drawing conclusions based on his or her analysis of the data. This role will also introduce the candidate to our outsourcing partner, Accenture, LLC, an India based organization that provides supplier related interface and assists in strategic contract and supply chain activities. It will be necessary for the candidate to interface with both internal and external entities such repair stations, Customer Administration, suppliers, Accenture, UTAS Supply Chain and Program Management.
Required skills are the ability to:
* Understand and use common Microsoft applications (proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint)
* Analyze large amounts of data identifying actions based on the results
* Listen and communicate effectively
* Take direction and be self-directed in managing daily tasks and schedules
* Make use of problem solving skills
* Manage projects to completion providing deliverables as scheduled
* Utilize interpersonal skills to work well within the team environment
Preferred Skills are the ability to:
* Be process-focused and identify where improvements are necessary
* An understanding of any of the modern data analysis programs
* Understand Microsoft Access
Co-op Experience Takeaways:
* Real corporate experience in a Fortune 50 Company
* Opportunity to interact with Management and Senior Leadership
* Networking opportunities with hundreds of UTC Co-ops
* Exposure to and training opportunities in UTC’s Continuous Improvement System (ACE)
* Opportunity to contribute in a significant fashion
Ideal candidates will be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree with a concentration in Program Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration of Information technology.
Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or greater is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.