7 days ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Customer Support Specialist - Pilot Helmet Fitting Specialist join our team in Fort Walton Beach, FL (Eglin Air Force Base). Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is responsible for fitting the Rockwell Collins Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS) for Joint Strike Fighter F-35 pilots in the Pilot Fit Facility at Luke Air Force Base near Pheonix, AZ. Relocation assistance is available to qualified applicants. The primary function will be to directly interact with pilots in fitting the HMDS. Interaction with the primary contractor and other sub-contractors is required to meet scheduling timelines, contract requirements, and end-user expectations. This Specialist works closely with engineering and cross functional teams to resolve equipment issues that may arise.
* Fit HMDS to pilots
* Perform anthropometric measurements on F-35 pilots to determine HMDS component sizes
* Using a variety of computer software programs, produce three dimensional head scan files
* Operate photographic equipment
* Operate CNC machines and other precision devices
* Assemble HMDS components using hand and power tools
* Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform operational tests of complex optics systems
* Perform optical harmonization
* Integrate HMDS with oxygen equipment, pilot survival equipment, and the F-35 aircraft ejection system
* Performs hand tacking on fabric, cleans optics and HMDS visors, and maintains cleanliness in the work center
* Complies with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste, Tool Control, and International
* Traffic in Arms regulations
* Duties will require occasional travel to support other Pilot Fit Facilities
Job Skills & Attributes
* Has an excellent understanding of and ability to apply Lean concepts in the combined engineering, manufacturing, and customer interface environment
* Familiar with AS9100 Quality Assurance Program
* Excellent communication capability both verbal and written
* Ability to be a self-starter
* Ability to prioritize competing tasks/deadlines to best meet customer demands
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
* Willingness and ability to occasionally work beyond routine business hours as needed
* Capable of managing multiple projects that produce a consistent product accurately, and on time
* Works well with internal and external team members
* Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience
* Must be able to acquire a US DoD Secret security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* Six years or more years of experience with fitting pilot helmets, oxygen masks, and working with aviator flight equipment
* Completion of US Navy PR, US Air Force Aircrew Flight Equipment, or US Army Aviation Life Support Equipment course is required.
* Must possess working knowledge of US Air Force, US Navy, or US Marine Corp Flight Equipment manuals, equipment, procedures, and techniques
* Experience working in and around ejection seat equipped aircraft is preferred.
* Experience with Pilot ocular devices preferred (JHMCS, NVG, PLZT, or Laser Eye Protection)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.