3 months ago
Requisition ID: 7731
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for two Customer Support Specialist - Pilot Helmet Fitting Specialists to join our team in Lemoore, CA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is responsible for fitting the Rockwell Collins Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS) for Joint Strike Fighter F-35 pilots in the Pilot Fit Facility at NAS Lemoore, near Lemoore CA. The primary function will be to directly interact with pilots in fitting the HMDS.Interaction with the primary contractor and other sub-contractors is required to meet scheduling timelines, contract requirements, and end-user expectations. This Specialist works closely with engineering and cross functional teams to resolve equipment issues that may arise. Interested candidates must be available to begin employment by 26 February 2018.
This position is concerned with pre-delivery Support Planning and customer support for assigned OEM customers. Support Planning includes: development of Support Plans per the RCI Commercial Systems Support Plan Process which plans and schedules deployment of all support deliverables such as Test Equipment, Publications, Spares, Exchanges and training requirements. Customer Support includes taking the lead role in resolving customer questions/issues, support of Sales and Customer Service Engineers (CSEs) to resolve OEM customer support issues including respective OEM Supplier Ratings / Scorecards. Is the company focal point for functional and management resolution of customer problems.
* Fit HMDS to pilots
* Perform anthropometric measurements on F-35 pilots to determine HMDS component sizes
* Using a variety of computer software programs, produce three dimensional head scan files
* Operate photographic equipment
* Operate CNC machines and other precision devices
* Assemble HMDS components using hand and power tools
* Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform operational tests of complex optics systems
* Perform optical harmonization
* Integrate HMDS with oxygen equipment, pilot survival equipment, and the F-35 aircraft ejection system
* Performs hand tacking on fabric, cleans optics and HMDS visors, and maintains cleanliness in the work center
* Complies with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste, Tool Control, and International Traffic in Arms regulations
* Duties will require occasional travel to support other Pilot Fit Facilities
Job Skills & Attributes:
* Has an excellent understanding of and ability to apply Lean concepts in the combined engineering, manufacturing, and customer interface environment
* Familiar with AS9100 Quality Assurance Program
* Excellent communication capability both verbal and written
* Ability to be a self-starter
* Ability to prioritize competing tasks/deadlines to best meet customer demands
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
* Willingness and ability to occasionally work beyond routine business hours as needed
* Capable of managing multiple projects that produce a consistent product accurately, and on time
* Work well with internal and external team members
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
* Must hold or be able to acquire a US Secret security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* Must have a minimum of six years of experience fitting pilot helmets, oxygen masks, and working with aviator flight equipment
* Completion of US Navy PR, US Air Force Aircrew Flight Equipment, or US Army Aviation Life Support Equipment course is required.
* Must possess working knowledge of US Air Force, US Navy, or US Marine Corp Flight Equipment manuals, equipment, procedures, and techniques
* Experience working in and around ejection seat equipped aircraft is preferred.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.