Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Responsible for the daily company asset and dangerous goods (DG) shipping requirements of the Material Services department. Ships company material [including: Domestic, International, and Dangerous Goods (Hazmat) shipments] to the appropriate internal and external customers in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures. Works in conjunction with Material Services, Asset Control, Maintenance Inspection, Repair and Warranty, Safety, Ramp Operations, and outstation vendor personnel to ensure timely and accurate transactions and documentation, avoiding delays of critical shipments/parts.
- Processes all daily shipping transactions (i.e. boxing, measuring, weighing, labeling, documenting, computer processes).
- Ensures applicable paperwork matches parts shipments, quantities, serviceable tags, etc. and is in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Keeps accurate shipping records and shipping tracking information at all times [e.g. Airway bill (AWB) and bill of lading (BOL) information tracking, hazmat records to be kept on file for 2 years, etc.].
- Safeguards company assets by ensuring accurate tracking of all outbound shipping on a daily basis and coordinates with customers and agencies to resolve any outstanding restrictions.
- Maintains current working knowledge of DOT, IATA, and FedEx procedures, changes, and requirements.
- Maintains and abides by all company General/Aircraft Maintenance Manual (GMM) procedures and guidelines.
- Understands and adheres to the changing regulations and requirements of the Global Harmonization Program via GHP distribution notifications.
- Provides warehouse employees on-the-job and awareness training on all shipping and handling functions of company material, sensitive (fragile) aircraft material, Dangerous Goods handling and appropriate company shipping methods (i.e. Air, Ground, Comat)
- Observes, assists in and cooperates with all FAA and DOT regulatory compliance requirements in all departmental activities.
- Attends and contributes to dangerous goods meetings, conferences and/or safety committees.
- Manages stock of all supplies required for shipments (e.g. DG labeling, shipping paperwork, fiberboard boxing, packing supplies, etc.)
- Performs the duties of a Material Specialist as required.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of experience as a Material Specialist (or equivalent position shipping aviation material under CFR 40, 49, and 121) required
- 2-3 years prior warehousing experience required
- Hazardous Materials Certification – must obtain within 45 days of start in position and keep current through company and DOT-approved courses
- 2 years of Dangerous Goods shipping experience (with emphasis on experience in handling and shipping of domestic and international dangerous goods) required
- Prior supply chain experience in a CFR part 121 and/or 145 industry environment preferred
- Prior experience handling hazardous and electronic sensitive devices preferred
- Ability to quickly acquire specialized knowledge, including knowledge of FedEx Desktop, DG Office.net, and ability to research and analyze parts inventory in company FMIS. In-depth knowledge and ability to navigate Code of Federal Regulations 49, 40, 121, and IATA DGR Publications.
- Basic computer skills, including ability to effectively utilize MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as TRAX information system software
- In-depth knowledge of the warehousing methods, procedures and techniques