8 months ago
This position supports the PMA-231 Product Support Manager, Assistant Program Manager for Logistics, and the Product Support Team Leaders verifying that all 12 logistics elements are addressed in support of program implementations. The employee will interface with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), contractor support, LEMs, Logistics and Industrial Operations Competencies, In Service Support Centers, Fleet Readiness Centers, Naval Aviation Supply, and Defense Logistics Agency managers to support the overall Product Support strategies and cost analysis to meet Program goals. The successful candidate will compose and coordinate Product Support related Statements of Work, liaise with acquisition, financial, and contracts teams to enable the approval and release of Requests For Proposals followed by technical evaluation of submitted proposals providing recommendations to contracts in support of contract negotiations and develop CDRLs associated with Product Support related SOWs, verifying compliance data elements.
Job duties are as follows:
- Support Design Interface activities, properly identifying logistics programmatic requirements and influencing the design for supportability.
- Conduct analysis and participate in the system Engineering Technical Reviews to verify logistics products are being properly developed within the time-frames required to support milestone decisions.
- Support Maintenance Planning activities; review submissions for accuracy and completeness, verify all resource requirements are identified and validated, and assist in the development of ILS plans and logistics requirements documentation.
- Support major acquisition programs, verifying all aspects of logistics support and the development of data and products required for successfully fielding and supporting the program are included in the requirements documentation.
- Ensure implementation of acquisition and in-service logistics policy, objectives, processes, and procedures as well as naval aviation systems and equipment.
- Participate in the development and design of new systems, assessing thee supportability and maintainability of proposed systems.
- Participate in program reviews, meetings, and ILS evaluations, provide LSA guidance, assess compliance with contractual requirements and conduct periodic reviews of contractor LSA data.
Education/Experience: The selected candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and at least six (6) years of experience in large and complex problems associated to major weapons systems. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An AS or AA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience; OR an additional eight (8) years of experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree. The DAPML Acquisition Support Specialist must have demonstrated experience in cost/benefit analysis, quality control, successful completion of critical path events and project tracking. Familiarity with SECNAV, OPNAV and OSD forms related to PPBS and Contract Data Requirements List is required. Significant logistics experience and exposure to acquisition processes required. Experience with Military Interdepartmental Procurement Requests, Work requests, Requisitions, and DD 254s is desired.
Education/experience is a contract requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidate must have strong MS Office skills, and must be able to meet requirements to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.