6 months ago
This non exempt position will report to the Head of IT and has responsibility for analyzing data, database administration and helping to maintain the overall IT infrastructure.
The job duties primarily consist of database administration along with conducting a requirements analysis for reporting and then designing, developing and reporting on information from various systems and databases to continuously monitor, analyze and advise on various types of business information. When necessary, this position may help maintain other elements of the IT infrastructure to include software, hardware, networks and a variety of internet applications and other operating systems.
Essential Job Functions
* Build, maintain and update databases to include Sequel, Oracle and Exchange.
* Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
* Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
* Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
* Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
* Prepare reports, interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing data reports.
* Develop data collection processes and other strategies to optimize statistical efficiency and report / data quality.
* Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data reports.
* Filter and "clean" data, review computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct problems with reporting.
* Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs to turn data information into insights into business decisions and strategic plans.
* Assist in other IT infrastructure tasks to ensure software, hardware, networks and other applications or devices are in proper working order.
* Other related IT duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
* Strong working knowledge of database standards and user applications to include Sql, Oracle and Exchange databases is a must. Recent / current working experience administering such databases is required.
* Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and Sql.
* Working knowledge of database design, documentation, coding and some programming languages API.
* Strong working knowledge of and current experience working with reporting packages to include Crystal Reporting, Sql, FRX and Adaptive Insights.
* Strong technical experience regarding data models, databases, data mining and segmentation techniques.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Adept at queries, reporting writing and presenting findings.
* BS in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or equivalent work experience to include at least 8 years of progressive experience in a like job.