4 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57860BR Date posted 12/08/City Westford
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
The Information and Intelligence (I&I) Engineering Group has an opening for a Data Scientist. As an I&I Data Scientist, you will be creating deep learning solutions for “state of the art” multi-modal Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems. This is an opportunity to participate and create “cutting edge” solutions for the next evolution of ISR. Qualified candidates must have experience with machine learning, associated deep learning frame works and applications as well as expert level design skills. They should have a strong grasp of advanced mathematics. Candidates will apply that knowledge base to the design/develop robust solutions including the integration third party software. At UTAS, there is opportunity to participate in the entire product development lifecycle; from requirements and design, through development, test and integration.
* Develop core capability in making sense of data collected by our sensors through machine learning, deep learning, and other advanced analytical techniques.
* Develop algorithms and tools designed to fuse information from multiple sources to enhance confidence in the assessment of various targets.
* Develop novel algorithms for the detection, classification, and identification of targets in remotely sensed imagery, including electro-optical (EO), infrared (IR), multispectral (MSI), hyperspectral (HSI), synthetic aperture radar (SAR), and LIDAR.
* Leverage and extend existing open source deep learning frameworks for automated image understanding.
* Develop techniques to fuse information from multiple intelligence sources, including GEOINT, ELINT, SIGINT, MASINT, and HUMINT.
* Collaborate with defense labs, national labs, industry partners, and academia in the development of tools and algorithms.
* Assist Information & Intelligence Discipline Chief in the development of a strategic plan for operationalizing tools developed for multi-source and multi-INT data fusion.
* Collaborate with Data Engineers to manage developed tools in a larger ecosystem of our own and third party tools to form a complete and seamless Big Data analytics system able to run on static and cloud platform architectures.
* 7+ years experience with BS
* 5+ years experience with MS
* 2+ years experience with PhD
* Strong math and statistics background.
* Experience in data mining, Big Data analytics, machine learning, Deep Learning, computer vision, and/or other related topics.
* Experience applying deep learning frameworks to imagery of any type.
* Software development in any or all of the following: R, Python, C, C++, CUDA, or similar.
* Experience developing these types of solutions for the defense and/or intelligence communities.
* Adaptability to working with disparate data sources.
* Keeping current on rapid pace of technology development both within our company and industry at large.
* Multi-task across concurrent activities.
* Able to self-direct activity with a focus on results that have a clear transition path to operational utility.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical information.
Due to programs and projects candidates for this position must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Clearance.
* BS required, advanced degree preferred in math, physics, electrical engineering, signal processing, or related technical field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.