3 months ago
The Boeing Company is looking for a data scientist to support our Analytics & Information Management Services organization. The organizational scope supports Boeing enterprise functions: Commercial and Government Aftermarket Services; Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, Supply Chain, HR, Finance, and Corporate functions.
Data scientists will have opportunities to work on projects which have the highest priority to the business. Paramount to success in this role is the ability to determine, define and deploy predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to identify and perform root cause analysis on adverse trends, by choosing best fit methods, defining algorithms, and validating and deploying models to achieve results.
* Understand use of and ability to employ appropriate algorithms for data and/or text mining.
* Apply advanced analytical techniques to solve difficult analysis problems and work with large and complex datasets.
* Develop and iterate analysis pipelines to provide insights at scale.•
* Research and develop forecasting and optimization methods.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You should be able to
work across functions and effectively present, recommend and
communicate a position by demonstrating its value and tradeoffs.
* Able to self-direct and succeed with minimal guidance.
* Determines, defines and deploys predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet business objectives.
* Chooses best fit methods, defines algorithms, validates and deploys models to achieve business results.
* Performs necessary data preparation and enhancements to models.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R.
§120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• 3 plus year of determines, defines and deploys predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet business objectives.
• 3 plus years’ experience with advanced analytical techniques to solve difficult analysis problems.
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (computer science,
engineering, physics, bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics,
mathematics, economics, etc.)
• Strong programming skills in Python, Java, C/C++, C#, R or MATLAB.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Master’s or Ph.D. in a related quantitative discipline.
• Applied experience with machine learning on large and complex datasets.
• Experience with machine learning related open source libraries including, but not limited to: Hadoop, Spark, SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, Theano, etc.
• Experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
• Experience with database languages (e.g. SQL).
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award