Database Platform Advisor
Requisition #: 264608
The Database Advisor plays a key role in the successful leadership and supervision of the evolving technology strategy and architecting enterprise-wide database solutions. The Advisor provides oversight to teams and organizational leadership in all areas of database technology and systems interactions. You will serve as a technical advisor and subject matter expert on the effective use of technology in developing business solutions that meet the needs of our clients and customers. You will have experience in multiple architecture domains, enterprise data architecture will be a key focus area for this role.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Serves as database technology lead and liaison to the business in developing and linking technical solutions to company requirements, goals and objectives, with emphasis on driving to an Enterprise technical strategy and achieving a positive ROI
- Defines and documents technical environment and deployment methodologies to enable integrated solutions.
- Advises IT and other business processes regarding the feasibility of proposed approaches to project solutions in terms of systems capabilities and established technology architecture guidelines
- Participates in the project feasibility process and defines the database infrastructure to fulfil the project requirements.
- Advises on Logical and physical data modeling, as well as overall database design, development and implementation of complex database environments that exist across all platforms
- Leads research and development, as well as proof of concepts for solving business problems or concepts not addressed by existing technology standards, especially focused on data management systems
- Performs system and database analysis and provides strategic planning, development and implementation, and maintenance of database management systems
- Participates in establishing standards and best practices in deploying technology solutions.
- Assists in developing and managing the established technology architecture governance process.
- Ensures uniformity across IT systems infrastructure to enable effective application integration capabilities.
- Proactively identifies and participates in the implementation of improvement opportunities across Technology Services sub-processes
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and advancements; identifies opportunities to apply technology for competitive advantage
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 10+ years in a leadership role managing database infrastructure design and data architecture
- Proven track record of implementing and actively managing fundamental architectural frameworks, methodologies and architectures
- Proven ability to understand business objectives and translate into both conceptual architecture and project level deliverables
- Strong Experience with SQL Server, Oracle and DB2 Database Management Systems
- Great attention to detail, with strong analytical and SQL skills
- Experience with database technologies across system and platform technologies ie mainframe DB2 and IMS
- Experience with automation and tools designed to support highly transactional databases for large scale and with highest levels of availability
- Ability to analyze business operations and processes to understand their relationships, and drive business process optimization
- Experience with large-scale high-volume application design, development and deployment
- Ability to support project level solutions while also thinking at the enterprise level
- Data modeling experience, both logical and physical, applying relational, dimensional, and flattened approaches
- Experience with data standardization, data cleansing and validation
- Adept problem solver with ability to lead and collaborate with others
- Self-motivated and highly dependable
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be comfortable leading in a fast-paced team environment, and possess very good communications skills
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.