about 1 month ago
Deputy Program Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54024BR Date posted 09/25/City Westford
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead a diverse team and manage programs cost, schedule and technical performance while attaining the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction. The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of a program. Position demands coordination of program requirements, cradle-to-grave, across function planning, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and test and deployment in a matrix organization utilizing multiple engineering disciplines and several subcontractors.
* Interface with Senior Program managers and coordinate Foreign Military Sales (FMS) or Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) programmatic activities with foreign air force operators, maintainers and procurement officers in their countries.
* Responsible for maintaining positive financial results within the assigned programs, to include regular reporting via monthly control reviews and quarterly EACs.
* Responsible for establishing milestones, and monitoring adherence to master plans, schedules and budgets. Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
* Negotiate contractual changes including preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications and financial conditions of contracts.
* Contribute to business development opportunities by managing assigned proposal efforts.
* Oversee engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, integration and test activities as they relate to commercial customers.
* Work within a shared resource matrix management organization and possess the ability to successfully build teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* 4-7+ years of program management or related experience in the DoD / Aerospace industry is required –
* Knowledge of international trade compliance matters is required.
* Proven track record in program management and personnel management.
* Fully fluent in Microsoft Office.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
* Strong experience in dealing with international customers (understanding & respect of customers culture)
* Technical and/or financial backgrounds are a plus-
* Program Operation Execution is preferred-
* Experience with reconnaissance optical systems, digital imaging systems and/or electro mechanical systems is preferred-
* Reconnaissance background from the US Armed Forces or industry is a plus.
* Multiple language skills are a plus.
* Experience of USG Foreign Military Sale practices is a plus
* Must be a proven leader with demonstrated success in dealing with domestic and foreign customers.
* Due to the programs/projects for this position candidate must be a US Citizen.
* Candidate may require to obtain a DoD Clearance.
* 20% travel may be needed for this role.
Education: BA/BS required, (engineering / technical degree is preferred)
Project Management Professional Certification is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.