10 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists to create Timken product designs that meet customer requirements, and to support definition, understanding, and application of engineering specifications and design standards that align Timken products with customer needs and manufacturability.
* Translate customer requirements into product designs and specifications using established design rules and engineering practices.
* Create final product designs that are aligned with design standards and manufacturing (DFM) requirements.
Run design algorithms, perform calculations, and create CAD or product design layouts.
Contribute to and/or improve product and design rules, standards, engineering systems, tools, standard work, training materials, and product data structure.
Deliver product engineering support for growth, cost reduction, or continuous improvement projects on time to the program schedules.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
* Knowledge of mechanical design and understanding of manufacturing processes
* Demonstrated ability to define and/or perform product design work - specifically bearings and related components
* Familiarity with 3D modeling tools and geometric dimensions and tolerances
* Team and communication skills and demonstrated technical capabilities
* Attention to detail and ability to plan and lead individual projects independently
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (3.5+ desired)
* Leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during other employment
* Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
* Ability to learn quickly--is flexible and adaptable
* Demonstrated effective communication skills
* Ability to relocate
Note: For training purposes, the initial 6-12 months will be spent at our Timken aerospace facility in Lebanon, NH. Thereafter the position will be at our world headquarters in North Canton, OH.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.