8 months ago
PAL Aerospace is a proud partner of Airbus Defence & Space for the Government of Canada’s Fixed Wing Search and Rescue (FWSAR) aircraft replacement program. PAL Aerospace will be responsible for the In-Service Support which covers all aspects of the maintenance work not undertaken by Royal Canadian Air Force technicians. It will include high value work such as repairs, 2nd and 3rd level maintenance, future modification work and depot level maintenance of the aircraft.
This significant and exciting project will pave the way for innovation and opportunity within PAL Aerospace, while growing our operations. In an effort to expand our current team, PAL Aerospace is currently looking for a Design Engineer (Avionics) in Ottawa, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support the SDE and contribute to the management of the Engineering Support System
* Participate in various Design reviews;
* Prepare and review layout designs, installation and assembly drawings, mission equipment installation and interface;
* Assist in the development of internal procedures to reflect the requirements of the Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM);
* Hold responsibility for the Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM) compliance of all avionics engineering Support System activities;
* Conduct Logistics Support Analysis of Avionics and Mission Systems to identify reliability and obsolescence/supportability issues;
* Hold responsibility for avionics airworthiness issues concerning the development and approval of design changes of systems and subsystems, development of special inspections, and service bulletin implementation;
* Coordinate tasks with other personnel within the Acceptable Technical Organization;
* Participate in Airworthiness Working Groups meetings, and Technical Review Meetings;
* Perform other customer-driven functions consistent with this area of expertise.
* 8-10 years of relevant aerospace Engineering experience
* Engineering Degree – Aeronautical, Electrical or Systems preferred
* Experience in the Certification of Aeronautical products
* Experience with DND’s Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM)
* Must be able to acquire and hold SECRET security clearance