8 months ago
Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine a business that employs over ten thousand of the world’s most sought-after engineers and technologists.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
In 1951 when Bill Moog founded Moog Inc., he had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Today Moog is the premier provider of performance motion control technology; we are represented by our Aircraft, Space & Defense, Industrial and Components Groups.
Moog Components Group Springfield Operation is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to work as part of our cross functional design team. A Design Engineer is involved in all phases of product development, from the proposal and specification stages, through prototype and qualification, to production tasks and support. Design projects are involved in a variety of products and markets including; electro-mechanical flight control actuation, industrial motor controls, sensor assemblies, cockpit instrumentation and DC motor assemblies with embedded controllers.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Extract electrical and software requirements from customer specification. Develop internal specifications and provide concepts and solutions.
* Emphasis on embedded controls including dsPICs, TI DSPs, PSOCs as well as digital and analog circuit design and analysis.
* Design to specifications and design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA).
* Analyze design concepts and develop mathematical models to evaluate performance using tools:
* LT Spice IV
* Excel Spreadsheets
* Generate schematics, layouts and bills of material for circuit card assemblies using
* PADS/Altium or Cadence/Allegro for schematic generation
* Experience in embedded systems necessary
* Good understanding of C/C++ programming (Embedded C)
* Working knowledge of communication protocols and buses; SPI, RS232,RS485,CAN,Ethernet
* Collaborate with internal organizational assets to produce viable prototypes
* Engineering Administrator
* Outside vendors/sales persons
* Direct technicians building and testing prototypes.
* Test and evaluate response of prototypes to environmental and operational conditions as necessary, including:
* Temperature, Altitude, Humidity, Shock, Vibration
* Operational requirements
* Assist in formal qualification of production ready designs:
* Interface with internal and external environmental labs.
* Assist as required
In addition to the above experience you’ll need:
* BSEE/BSET in Electrical Engineering
* 1-2 yrs. of experience in electronic hardware and software design
* Working knowledge of analog and digital design
* Embedded controls knowledge including dsPICS, TI DSPs and PSOCs
* Working knowledge of motor control technology, industrial field busses
* Working knowledge of MatLab/Simulink
* Experience with the following additional tools
o LT Spice or equivalent
o PADS; Altium or Cadence/Allegro
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
4 months ago
only 3 days until close
4 months ago
only 12 days until close
2 months ago
only 10 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 13 days until close